Friday, April 5, 2013

Here we go.

God help us all, another blog. I haven't had a "blog" for years. Back then it was a stupid, self indulgent internet version of a journal or diary. Arrogant as we all are in youth, not realizing that diaries and journals are generally private because the world does not deserve to be subjected to a 16 year old's sycophantic musings on daily life. While all blogs are on some level self indulgent, you have no need to worry about being subjected to my musings on my private life. Instead I will post about writing, politics, culture, and life's great mysteries. Here are the blog's goals in a concise list.

1. This blog is for me, a place to flex my writing skills, facilitate conversation, and get easy feedback from friends and anybody else that might find me.
2. To begin the process of putting work into the public eye and provide prospective clients with a convenient place to sample my writing.
3. To provide myself with a place to express my thoughts in an organized and coherent manner and eschew the internet hell that is Facebook.

So, the motive, the goal in constructing this blog, is self indulgence, on purpose, with purpose; which makes it better, that's just science. 

No comments:

Post a Comment